Pages

Subscribe:

Genelia says that she suffered because she did not have cinema background



Genelia while speaking to the media said,” I made my entry to cinema through the Hindi film Thuje Meri Kasam. Only Ad films have fetched me this offer. My parents are not from cinema background.
We are from middle class income group. I came to cinema from a family which had no cinema background. Because of this I suffered a lot in the initial stages. I chose some bad films. But luckily I got some good friends.
So I was able to know the good and the bad. If I go to Mumbai, people are asking me why I am very much concentrating in Tamil films. For the last three years I have been acting in Tamil and Telugu films. South India cinema only has brought me to the top.After this the Hindi film Jaane Tu Ya Maane Tu made me popular in Hindi. This film was produced by Amir Khan. Now I am pairing with Dhanush in an untitled film. This film will earn me a good name.”